- NeoGap Mission Statement: NEOGAP is organized to educate, empower, and advocate for the citizens of Ohio who are facing threats to health, safety, and property rights posed by oil and gas development.
- People's Oil & Gas Collaborative (POGCO) The People’s Oil & Gas Collaborative - Ohio (POGCO) represents the original Ohio grassroots movement focusing 100% on oil and gas issues. Our multi-tiered approach involves people who are directly affected by the impacts of oil and gas development working in a nonpartisan effort for reform at local, state and federal levels. We utilize public education, legislative initiatives and community partnerships in our mission to provide surface owners, oil and gas employees and citizens living near operations fair and equal treatment under the law with regard to health, safety and property rights.
- No Frack Ohio The No Frack Ohio Coalition is composed of member organizations and individuals who signed on to a Statewide Moratorium letter in the Spring of 2011. Since the original sign on campaign, these groups and individuals have worked across Ohio on outreach to Elected Officials at all levels of government, landowner education, and mobilizing members for activism.
- Marcellus-Shale.US This Marcellus Shale gas drilling website is dedicated to providing photos, facts, opinions, stories and news about the Marcellus Shale gas play that you won't find other places. You'll find extensive photos of gas drilling sites, pipeline construction, well sites and compressor stations. News, facts and opinions about hydraulic fracturing.
- Food and Water Watch Food & Water Watch works to ensure the food, water and fish we consume is safe, accessible and sustainably produced. So we can all enjoy and trust in what we eat and drink, we help people take charge of where their food comes from, keep clean, affordable, public tap water flowing freely to our homes, protect the environmental quality of oceans, force government to do its job protecting citizens, and educate about the importance of keeping the global commons — our shared resources — under public control.
- Center for Health, Environment and Justice The Center for Health, Environment & Justice (CHEJ) mentors a movement, empowering people to build healthy communities, and preventing harm to human health caused by exposure to environmental threats.Through training, coalition-building and one-on-one technical and organizing assistance, CHEJ works to level the playing field so that people can have a say in the environmental policies and decisions that affect their health and well-being. By organizing one school, one neighborhood, one community at a time, CHEJ is making the world cleaner and healthier for all of us.
- Buckeye Forest Council The Buckeye Forest Council (BFC) is a membership-based, grassroots organization dedicated to protecting Ohio’s native forests and their inhabitants. The BFC uses education, advocacy and organizing to address the need for forest preservation and low-impact recreation over logging and resource extraction. We seek to instill in Ohioans a sense of personal connection to and responsibility for Ohio’s native forests and to challenge the exploitation of land, wildlife and people. Our nation’s forests are essential “carbon sinks” and our primary terrestrial defense against the climate crisis.
- Ohio Chapter-Sierra Club Since 1892, the Sierra Club has been working to protect communities, wild places, and the planet itself. We are the oldest, largest, and most influential grassroots environmental organization in the United States.The Ohio Chapter was established 40 years ago and represents more than 25,000 members and supporters. The Chapter advocates for energy efficiency, renewable energy, and public transit. We proudly defend Ohio’s forests, state parks, and nature preserves. We preserve water resources by advocating for green infrastructure, factory farm regulation, and protections for Lake Erie and watersheds throughout the state. Finally, we promote Ohio’s transition to a 21st-century economy through the creation of good-paying, long-standing green jobs.
- FracTracker Alliance The FracTracker Alliance is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the public’s understanding of the impacts of the global oil and gas industry by collecting, interpreting, and sharing data and visualizations through our website, FracTracker.org.
- Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund. CELDF works with communities to establish Community Rights – such that communities are empowered to protect the health, safety, and welfare of their residents and the natural environment, and establish environmental and economic sustainability. Community Rights is a paradigm shift, a move away from unsustainable projects and practices at the cost of communities and nature, and toward community decision-making, while recognizing and protecting our interdependence with nature. Today, communities across the country are finding that they don’t have the right to make critical decisions for themselves – such as the right to say “no” to fracking or factory farming, and the right to say “yes” to sustainable energy and food systems.
Web Pages with Reliable Resources
- EcoWatch is a cutting-edge news service promoting the work of more than 1,000 grassroots environmental organizations and activists worldwide, and the insights of renowned environmental leaders. EcoWatch focuses on the issues of water, air, food,energy and biodiversity, and promotes ongoing environmental campaigns including climate change,fracking, mountaintop removal, factory farming,sustainable agriculture, GE foods, health, renewable energy and more.
- The FracTracker Alliance is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the public’s understanding of the impacts of the global oil and gas industry by collecting, interpreting, and sharing data and visualizations through our website, FracTracker.org. We partner with citizens, organizations and institutions – allied in a quest for objective, helpful information – to perpetuate awareness and support actions that protect public health, the environment, and socioeconomic well-being. Their web page of Articles carries science-based, peer reviewed studies on related topics.
- Physicians, Scientists, and Engineers for Healthy Energy is dedicated to supplying vetted resources and solid scientific information on issues surrounding unconventional oil and gas production, other novel forms of energy production, and the transition to renewable energy portfolios. Read more.
- SkyTruth is a nonprofit organization using remote sensing and digital mapping to create stunning images that expose the landscape disruption and habitat degradation caused by mining, oil and gas drilling, deforestation, fishing and other human activities. Our vision is a world where all people can see and understand the environmental consequences of human activity everywhere on Earth, and are motivated to take action to protect it. Our mission is to motivate and empower new constituencies for environmental protection through illuminating the issues that impact our planet. We use scientifically credible satellite images and other visual technologies to create compelling pictures that vividly illustrate environmental impacts, and provide these pictures and supporting data to environmental advocates, policy-makers, the media, and the public. - See more at: http://skytruth.org/about/#sthash.gSEivYGD.dpuf
- TEDX The Endocrine Disruption Exchange. TEDX was founded by Dr. Theo Colborn. It is a non-profit organization dedicated to compiling and disseminating the scientific evidence on the health and environmental problems caused by low-does exposure to chemicals that interfere with development and function, called endocrine disruptors.
- Frack the Media is a group of activists and concerned citizens. We compile information relating to fracking, aggregate current headlines, and offer critical analysis of industry and media. We also provide computer, internet, and social media tips for activists. For the most up-to-date information Follow Us On Twitter and Like Us on Facebook.
- Union of Concerned Scientists- Center for Science and Democracy Strengthening American democracy by advancing the essential role of science, evidence-based decision making, and constructive debate as a means to improve the health, security, and prosperity of all people. The Union of Concerned Scientists puts rigorous, independent science to work to solve our planet's most pressing problems. Joining with citizens across the country, we combine technical analysis and effective advocacy to create innovative, practical solutions for a healthy, safe, and sustainable future. What began as a collaboration between students and faculty members at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1969 is now an alliance of more than 400,000 citizens and scientists. UCS members are people from all walks of life: parents and businesspeople, biologists and physicists, teachers and students. Our members understand that scientific analysis—not political calculations or corporate hype—should guide our efforts to secure responsible changes in government policy, corporate practices, and consumer choices.