For Notices about Local Meetings, see Local Groups or our Facebook page
Protect our air and water!
We are a coalition of citizens groups working in our local communities to educate our fellow citizens on the dangers of hydrofracking. We have active groups and individuals in Shalersville, Kent, Randolph, Ravenna, and North East Portage County including Hiram and Garrettsville. We are networked across the state with other local groups. We think of ourselves as "First Responders" and try to send as many people as possible when neighboring communities need support at local meetings. Being there for each other is really crucial to us, as citizens helping citizens.
We promote sustainable energies and protect our basic needs and rights to clean land, air and water.
Here's What We're Doing. We Invite You To Join Us
- Two Water Monitoring Programs. If you have a private water well, check this downloadable flyer and instructions, dates and times.
- Resources: On this page, we have information about why we're concerned, how to take care of your private water well, what Garrettsville is doing to protect town water, and what some of the solutions towards which we're working. We also have lists of organizations that we're working with to protect our way of life. We're also working to support sustainable energy solutions.
- Events: We have public meetings to inform our neighbors about drilling, leases, pipelines, regulations, and all other aspects of energy. We're networked with other grassroots groups across the state and try to
- Action Alerts: Suggestions for actions you can take. Some take only a few minutes, others take a little more time.
- News: We list disasters---some of the accidents, spills, blowouts, leaks that might make local news close to where they happen and that worry us. We also have a list of pipeline accidents over the last couple of years. On the successes news page, we list some of the successful actions communities have taken to protect themselves. You can join the on-going campaigns listed on that News page.
- Local Groups: We keep up with what groups local to Portage County are doing. You can join us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org